Keeping a strong, unique and hard to crack password is a necessary thing to protect yourself when browsing online
A secure password manager that generate strong passwords for you using a combination of letters, numbers and special characters, and store them all in an encrypted vault.
What is a Password Manager?
A password manager is an application that securely stores login information of users.
They are available for all types of devices like PCs, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. They generate complex passwords, the increase the security of your logins.
Users can also store credit card details, bank account details in the password manager tool. They store all these details in an encrypted manner. The password manager requires a master password.
C loud-based, local, and browser add-on password managers are the types of password managers. Used for securing passwords on computer systems. They also provide applications that is compatible for mobiles and tablets
Here we are listing out the best free password manager tools that provides internet security and minimize the risk of data breach.
LastPass is a well-known cloud based password manager tool for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices.
LastPass extensions are also available for various web browsers like Apple Safari ,Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, etc . They provide complex password generation
Features Of LastPass
- Two-factor authentication.
- Secure sharing.
- Refuse auto form filling on phishing websites
- Automatic password change
- Syncing of credentials across browsers
KeePass, developed in 2004, is a
well-known Windows desktop password manager, even then its available for macOS and Linuxit’s a
free and open-source software,.
Features of KeePass:
- KeePass stores the usernames and passwords on the user’s device in an encrypted file
- portable installation that allows running the app from USB without installing on a PC.
- Features include as form autofill, two factors authentication etc
- It includes a built-in password generator tool
- Multiple user support.
- Comes with downloadable plugins
- Offers robust security
The Dashlane password manager is well designed, user friendly, and ranks among the best password manager apps available for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android operating systems.
DashLane’s free password vault can store unlimited passwords and its digital wallet can store card details and other banking information in a secured manner
You can opt for the Premium option as well that provides the device limit to unlimited and cross-device syncing along with cloud backup.
Features of Dashlane:
- Protects user credentials using AES-256 bit encryption
- Multi-factor authentication
- Provides import/export of credentials
- Includes unlimited sharing and syncing
- It can reset hundreds of your passwords at a time
Roboform password manager is a user-friendly application that allows the users to store their credentials and other data safely. It is also available for Windows, iOS, Android, and MacOS.
Features of Roboform
- Allows users to store unlimited passwords
- Automatically fill web forms
- Strong password generator
- Single click logins
- Paid versions allows cloud sync and backup
- Auto captures the password
TrueKey, by McAfee is simple application that has various sign-in methods like facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, two-step verification, , Windows Hello and through a second device.
The application is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Features of TrueKey
- Includes password generator and a digital wallet to store personal information-Encrypted data storage.
- Multi-factor authentication
- Allows to import passwords from other password manager software