The CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 certification exam is an examination course which is globally accepted for security aspects in the field of IT. It helps in getting complete skills and knowledge for security grounds covering essential aspects like risk management and network security.
This globally recognized course helps in getting complete knowledge regarding application security, devices, network, mitigation techniques, policies, regulations, laws, and much more that is helpful in obtaining the certification.
The CompTIA Security+ examination comes with topics that include the detailed knowledge from the basics to the advanced level, which includes:
- Implementing security configuration parameters
- Use secure network administration principles
- Network design elements and components
- Implementing common protocols and services
- Troubleshoot security issues
- Introduction to the importance of risk
- Security implications
- Implementing appropriate risk mitigation strategies
- Implementation of basics of the forensic procedure
- Details of incident response procedures
- Importance of security related awareness and training
- Compare and contrast physical security and environment
- Risk management and best practices
- Selection of appropriate control
- Explanation of types of malware
- Various types of attack
- Social engineering attacks
- Types of wireless attacks
- Types of application attacks
- An appropriate type of mitigation
- Tools and techniques for discovering security threats
- Explanation of proper use of penetration testing
- Importance of application security controls
- Mobile security concepts and technology
- Selection of appropriate solution
The Security+ examination comes with around 90 questions that need to be answered in 90 minutes. The question format covers multiple choice and performance-based questions that are slightly hard to complete.
CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam: Tips for Passing
The Security+ examination is one of the internationally accepted exams, and hence, it also comes with new levels of difficulty. Here are some effective tips that would help in clearing the examination with ease.
- Arriving early to the examination center
Yes, it is important to arrive early to the examination center. This would help in reducing the stress levels, especially for those who are very stressed with the exam tension. Arriving early to the test centers would also be helpful in the allocation of seats, and the earlier you arrive, it would be more helpful. In short, it would help an individual in reducing the stress levels, beginning the test on time, reduce the stress of writing the paper properly, etc.
- Skip the questions you are not sure about
As soon as you receive the paper, begin with the questions you are sure about. This means, skipping the questions that don’t make any kind of sense to you, or you find it difficult. It is also possible you would come to know the correct answer to the question once you complete the rest and come back to the question again. You need to speed up for the first 45 minutes in answering a maximum number of questions, and hence, it is better to skip the questions you are not sure about. Avoiding doing so might lead you out of time before completing the multiple-choice questions.
- Give proper focus on the confusing words
Yes, it is important to read the question properly before you begin with answering. The questions come with confusing words like best, most, least, etc. which might confuse you and get you to an incorrect answer. The numerical digits can also lead to confusion that might lead you to incorrect answers. Thus, it is important to read the question properly, understand them well, and then answer them to avoid any kind of misunderstanding. Make sure you completely focus on the paper rather than looking here and there while attending the paper. This might distract you from your dedication towards the examination.
- Go through the questions properly
The questions hold a vital role in the paper, and hence, it is also important to read them properly before beginning the answer. The papers might come with twisted questions that would bring you in dilemma on what to write. It is also important to keep a watch on the keywords and the questions to give proper answers. The keywords might also mislead you to a wrong answer. So, go twice through the question, understand the words of the question and then write an answer to get a positive mark. Also, the question sometimes comes with the answer hidden in itself. So, read the questions properly before you think of answering them.
Before you write any answer, make sure you think of it twice and then begin. Eliminate the two answers that you think are incorrect. Doing so would bring you out of the confusion after writing the correct one. Read the question very well as this would drive you to the clues of writing correct answers. Look after the negative words that change the meaning of the question leading you to confusion. Along with negative words, there are chances the question might come with double negative words and you might get confused. Make sure you think well before writing the answer, changing it would lead to confusions. Make sure you mark the correct answer properly as simply putting a mark over it may provide you with a negative marking.
CompTIA SY0-501 Exam: Training Course
The training course for the SY0-051 examination comes with sections that cover:
- Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
- Tools and Technologies
- Architecture and Design
- Identity and Access Management
- Risk Management
- Cryptography and PKI
- Acing the Exam
The course comes with complete knowledge and skill development aid for getting total hold over the concepts and the certification with ease