A Massive data breach at San Diego Unified School District lost more than 500,000 and the stolen data file contains the personal information of dating back to the 2008-09 school year faculties and students.
An unauthorized individual have been accessed that database file and he/she may have an access to view the personal data of some students and staff members.
An Unknown individual who have initially gathering network access log-in information from staff and later used it to log into the district’s network services, including the district student database.
According to sandiegounified The viewing or copying of some personal data was possible or occurred between January 2018 and November 1, 2018. Staff became aware of the issue in October 2018.
What was the Affected Data
Stolen database contain potential data that includes the social security numbers and other
- Student and selected staff personal identifying information, to include: first and last name, date of birth, mailing address, home address, telephone number;
- Student enrollment information, to include: schedule, discipline incident information, health information, school(s) of attendance, transfer information, legal notices on file, attendance data;
- Student and selected staff Social Security Number and/or State Student ID Number
- Student and staff parent, guardian and emergency contact personal identifying information, to include: first and last name, phone numbers, address (if provided), email address, employer information;
- Selected staff benefits information, to include: health benefits enrollment information, beneficiary identify information, dependent identity information, savings or flexible spending account information;
Selected staff payroll and compensation information, to include: viewable paychecks and pay
, deduction information, tax information, direct deposit financial institution name, routing number and account number, salary and leave information; advices
San Diego Unified School District has taken the steps necessary to eliminate the threat to your personal data and implement improvements to prevent such unauthorized access from happening again and also they have notified all the affected users.
No tags for this post.
Based Blockchain Network