phpMyAdmin 4.8.5 released with security fixes for multiple critical vulnerabilities and other major bug fixes.It is a free software tool that handles and handles the administration of MySQL databases.
phpMyAdmin 4.8.5 – Security fixes
Arbitrary File Read
If the AllowArbitraryServer is set to true with the server configuration, then an attacker with rogue MySQL server can read the files that web server user can access.
The vulnerability considered as critical and can be mitigated by setting AllowArbitraryServer configuration set to false.
phpMyAdmin from 4.0 through 4.8.4 are affected and it has been fixed with phpMyAdmin 4.8.5 or newer versions.
The vulnerability considered to be serious and it affects versions from 4.5.0 through 4.8.4 and it has been fixed with phpMyAdmin 4.8.5 or newer versions.
Other Bug Fixes
- Export to SQL format not available
- QR code not shown when adding two-factor authentication to a user account
- Issue with adding a new user in MySQL 8.0.11 and newer
- Frozen interface relating to Text_Plain_Sql plugin
- Table level Operations tab was missing