A remote code execution CVE-2019-1716 vulnerability that exists in the web-based management interface of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Software for Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series and Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series let an attacker execute arbitrary code with the privileges app users.
Due to improper software validation during the process of user authentication, the device could exploit by connecting to an affected device using HTTP and supplying malicious user credentials.
Also Cisco Nexus 9000 Series affected a shell escape vulnerability
CVE-2019-1591 that allows a local attacker to escape a restricted shell on device.
Another vulnerability in the CLI of Cisco NX-OS Software could allow an authenticated, local attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the underlying operating system of an affected device.
Cisco Released Security Updates
- Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Path Traversal Vulnerability
- Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series File Upload Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Authorization Bypass Vulnerability
- Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series and 8800 Series Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Fabric Switches Application Centric Infrastructure Mode Shell Escape Vulnerability
- Cisco NX-OS Software Unauthorized Filesystem Access Vulnerability
- Cisco NX-OS Software Cisco Fabric Services Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Cisco NX-OS Software Image Signature Verification Vulnerability
- Cisco NX-OS Software CLI Command Injection Vulnerability (CVE-2019-1613)
Cisco advised users to immediately apply these patches immediately to keep the network safe and secure.